Claim your Prize
If you have a winning ticket, here is what you do.
To claim your prize in person:
First, sign and complete the information on the back of your winning ticket. Prize amounts of $599 and under may be redeemed at the following locations:
Prize amounts of $600-$49,999 must be redeemed at the following locations:
- Hoosier Lottery Regional Offices or
- Hoosier Lottery Headquarters
Prize amounts of $50,000 or more must be redeemed at:
To claim your prize by mail:
1. Sign and complete the information on the back of your winning ticket
2. Print and fill out a copy of the winner claim form* (multiple tickets totaling $599 and under may be claimed with one form)
3. Fill out IRS FORM 5754 (if more than one person is claiming the prize)
4. Make a copy of the following:
Completed winner claim form
Front and back of your winning ticket
Valid photo ID (for prize amounts of $600 or more)
5. Staple your winning ticket and copy of your photo ID to the original (signed) claim form and mail those items to the address below:
1302 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
6. Expect to receive your check within roughly 7 to 10 business days
If you have questions or need more information regarding filing a claim, please contact Hoosier Lottery Customer Service at 1-800-955-6886 (if you are calling from outside the State of Indiana, please call 317-264-4800).
*Winning tickets of $25 or less are redeemable at most Hoosier Lottery retailers. Some retailers redeem winning tickets up to $599.00. Please check with your Hoosier Lottery retailer for their specific redemption policies.
Common Claim Questions
How long do I have to claim my prize? For instant games (Scratch-Offs and Pull-Tabs), your prize must be claimed within 180 days from the announced end of game date. For draw games, such as Powerball® and Quick Draw, your prize must be claimed within 180 days from the date of the drawing.
If I won, will any retailer redeem my prize? Prize amounts $25 and under can be redeemed at any Hoosier Lottery retailer. Prize amounts of $25-$599 can be redeemed at the discretion of the retailer. Participation varies by retail location.
Can I send an electronic version of my claim form and ID? No. Tickets must be claimed in person or by mail. See specifications above.
Who is your official bank? Key Bank. Click here to find one near you.
How long do I have to wait before cashing my winning check? Please check with your personal bank regarding their check cashing policy. If cashing with Key Bank, please allow approximately 2.5 hours before cashing your check.
Can the bank put a hold on my winning check? Yes, please check with your bank regarding their check cashing policy.