Stronger • Safer • Smarter
We’re dreaming of a stronger, safer, smarter Indiana. Every year since 1989, Hoosier Lottery funds have supported local police and firefighters’ pensions, the Teachers’ Retirement Fund and the Build Indiana Fund.
Click on your county to see how Hoosier Lottery proceeds
were distributed to beneficiaries in your area.
*Not all counties have local police and fire departments, and therefore not all counties have an allocation for those pension funds. Those counties are: Benton, Brown, Crawford, Franklin, Harrison, Jasper, LaGrange, Newton, Ohio, Orange, Owen, Parke, Pulaski, Spencer, Switzerland, Union and Warren.
Since the Hoosier Lottery’s inception in October 1989 through June 30, 2019:
- Total Payments to Winners: $13.9 Billion
- Total Payments to Retailers: $1.5 Billion
- Total Transfers to the State of Indiana: $6.0 Billion
- Total to Build Indiana Fund: $4.4 Billion
- Total to Teachers' Retirement Fund: $887.6 Million
- Total to local police and firefighters' pensions: $699.7 Million
- Total to Help America Vote Act**: $1.8 Million
All financial figures based on Fiscal Year 2019.
**In Fiscal Year 2004, the Hoosier Lottery contributed $1.8 million to the Help America Vote Act.