Objective: To establish a policy for the collection, use and protection of data and information obtained by GTECH Indiana regarding Players and Persons while acting in its capacity as a vendor to the Hoosier Lottery. This Policy complies with relevant U.S. laws and regulations and with the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles developed by the US Department of Commerce.
II. Basic Principles
The Hoosier Lottery and its representative agents:
- Will not intentionally gather or maintain Personal Information that is not relevant to us in conducting our business, and will take steps to assure the accuracy of the Personal Information that is in our custody and management.
- Will treat all Personal Information as confidential to the extent authorized by law, and take reasonable precautions designed to prevent inappropriate or unauthorized disclosure of such Personal Information;
- Will not use Personal Information for purposes that are incompatible with our business unless affected individuals are appropriately contacted for their consent;
- Will not transfer Personal Information to third parties, except as required by our business and/or by law;
- Will deal fairly with those persons whose Personal Information is in our custody and management.
III. Information automatically collected when you visit the HoosierLottery.com Website (“Website”)
By visiting the Website and nothing further (including, but not limited to, browsing, viewing rules or winning numbers), the Website providers, will automatically gather and store the following information including, but not limited to the following:
- the Internet protocol (“IP”) address and domain name used (for example, aol.com if you are accessing from America Online). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to an Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) or directly to a Person’s computer. Location may also be identified via geo-filtering of the IP address
- the type of browser and operating system used
- the date and time of the Website visit
- the web pages or services accessed at the Website
- the website visited prior to coming to the Website
- the website visited as you leave the Website
- any ads clicked on to access the Website
- if the ShareThis feature is used, the content shared from the Website, with whom content is shared, and where content is posted
- if forms or other documents are downloaded, the form or document that was downloaded and;
- the name of the country in which the user’s server is located
None of the foregoing information is deemed to be Personal Information.
Cookies are text files stored on a Person’s web browser to provide a means of distinguishing that Person from other visitors to the Website. Website providers use “transactional cookies” to enhance or customize a Person’s visit to the Website and to recognize that Person when he or she visits again. The software and hardware used to access the Website may allow a Person to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies may limit the ability to take advantage of some features of the Website.
B. Banner Ads
Banner ads will be used to advertise Hoosier Lottery products. The Hoosier Lottery Website will track the number of clicks on such ads for analytical and marketing purposes.
IV. Personal information collected
In addition to the information automatically collected in Section III above, information including, but not limited to the following, may also be collected:
A. Emails, Surveys & Electronic Newsletter Subscriptions
If Players participate in a survey, send an email, or subscribe to an electronic newsletter, the Website will gather the following information, some of which may be considered Personal Information:
- the email address and contents of the email
- information volunteered in response to a survey; and
- any information required by or volunteered on the electronic newsletter subscription form
B. Social Media and RSS Feeds
If Players “like,” follow the Hoosier Lottery, or otherwise contact the Hoosier Lottery via social media (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), or subscribe to the Hoosier Lottery via RSS feed by using the Website, the Website will collect the following information:
- the social media username you used (e.g., Facebook or Twitter username)
- the number of “likes;” and
- the total number of subscribers to our RSS feeds (but will not track where they posted the feeds)
C. My Lottery
If Players register for advanced services such as “My Lottery” functionality, account information and communication preferences may be edited or the account can be deactivated upon request, by emailing, phoning or faxing the Hoosier Lottery. Upon deactivation, please understand that, despite deactivation of an account online, state record retention laws may require the Hoosier Lottery to maintain information about your account.
The Hoosier Lottery does not collect information for commercial marketing. It will not sell or rent personally identifiable information to anyone. The Hoosier Lottery may provide certain information to contractors for research or other purposes, including but not limited to disclosing site traffic information to improve the use of the site to our visitors. These third parties do not have the right to use this information beyond what is necessary to perform required functions. The My Lottery portions of the Website will collect information including but not limited to the following:
i. Registration Personal Information
The following Personal Information will be collected at initial registration and is necessary for the creation and administration of a My Lottery account. This information will be stored by the Website providers and/or certain third parties in a contractual relationship with the Website providers (“Third Party Service Providers”) and with each other:
- name (first, last)
- email address
- password (self-selected)
- phone number
ii. Use of Personal Information
The Website providers and Third Party Service Providers may use a Player’s Personal Information for various purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- to administer the Hoosier Lottery and My Lottery Accounts
- to contact Players and Persons in response to inquiries, comments and suggestions
- to otherwise contact Players
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered
- to track Player use of the Website for internal market research
- to improve the Website and the services we promote or provide through the Website
- to customize the content and/or layout of the Website for each visitor
- to ask for participation in brief surveys
- to notify Players about promotions, special offers, etc. regarding products and services provided by the Hoosier Lottery or its agents
- to be provided to the Third Party Service Providers in connection with the legitimate business purposes of the Hoosier Lottery, its Contractors or the Website
- to generate aggregate statistical studies and to use the results of such aggregate statistical studies for marketing purposes and responsible gaming initiatives
- to protect and defend the rights or property of the Hoosier Lottery and its Contractors
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities, including but not limited to gaming regulators and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or for the protection of persons or property;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Website; and
- any other business purposes, including those purposes described in Section X below
By submitting foregoing information, a Person will be deemed to have consented to its use for such purposes.
V. Non-disclosure of personal information
As noted above, no Personal Information is collected unless such information is provided voluntarily by sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, registering for a My Lottery Account, or using other interactive services that may be provided on the Website. Players may choose not to utilize some or all of these interactive services. The choice not to participate in these activities may limit the ability to receive specific services or products, but it will not prevent a Person from requesting services or products from the Hoosier Lottery by other means and will not normally have an impact on the ability to take advantage of other (non-interactive) features of the Website, including browsing or downloading publicly available information.
VI. Review and correction of personal information
Players can view information collected about them and correct inaccuracies by using the Contact Us section on the Website. Players can also review and correct certain Personal Information by signing into his or her My Lottery Account and accessing the My Lottery Account profile.
VII. Voluntary Disclosure of information
Without limiting the foregoing, Personal Information may be collected or disclosed without consent if the collection or disclosure is:
(1) necessary to perform the statutory duties of the Hoosier Lottery, or necessary for the Hoosier Lottery to operate a program authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation, including the Indiana Access to Public Records Act;
(2) made pursuant to a court order, subpoena or by law;
(3) for the purpose of validating the discloser’s identity;
(4) with affiliates of the Hoosier Lottery or Third Party Service Providers to provide certain lottery related services; or
(5) to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce the Hoosier Lottery’s rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the Hoosier Lottery’s information technology assets or against other inappropriate use.
The Hoosier Lottery is committed to ensuring the integrity of the information and systems it maintains. As such, the Hoosier Lottery has instituted security measures for all information systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused, or altered. For site security purposes and to ensure that our Internet services remain available to all users, the Hoosier Lottery uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
X. Additional Policy Considerations
Hoosier Lottery Mobile Convenience Application
When we use the terms “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy, we mean the Hoosier Lottery. The terms “user”, “you” or “your” refer to you as a person who uses the App and may provide data or information to us.
When we use the term “Personal Information" in this Policy, we mean information about a natural person that identifies that person. Personal Information includes a natural person’s first and last name, home or other physical address, social security number, any other identifier that permits the physical or online contact of a natural person, and information concerning a natural person that is collected online and maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described above. A domain name, location, or Internet protocol address is not considered Personal Information.
II. What types of information do we collect from you?
We collect and use various types of information when you download and use the App, so that we can optimize your user experience, understand better our interactive users and lottery players, and gather data for analysis so we can improve the App and our business generally.
- By your use of the App and nothing further, we may automatically gather and store information including, but not limited to, the following:
- The Internet protocol (“IP”) address and domain name used (for example, aol.com if you are accessing from America Online). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned to your computer or mobile device. Location may also be identified via geo-filtering of the IP address.
- The type of device you are using.
- The browser and operating system used.
- The date and time of the App download or visit.
- The pages or services accessed while using the App.
- If you use the Facebook sharing feature, information regarding your share, including your Facebook username, content shared from the App, with whom content is shared, and where content is posted.
- Please note that Facebook may also collect information from you if you use the Facebook sharing feature. Facebook’s collection and use of your information is not covered by this Policy.
- If you downloaded forms or other documents, the forms or documents that you downloaded.
- The name of the country in which your server is located.
None of the foregoing information is deemed to be Personal Information. We do not collect Personal Information through the App.
III. How do we use your information?
The Hoosier Lottery does not use collected information for commercial marketing. It will not sell or rent Personal Information to anyone. The Hoosier Lottery may provide certain information to contractors for research or other purposes, including but not limited to App traffic information to improve the use of the App to our users. These third parties are contractually required to use this information only for what is necessary to perform required functions.
We use information that we collect from App users primarily to conduct our own internal business activities, including providing you with an optimal interactive experience. More specifically, we may use data and information that we gather from you to:
- Administer the App.
- Track use of the App for internal research.
- Improve use of our interactive services.
- Customize content for individual users.
- Contact users about promotions and special offers.
- Contact users for research and survey opportunities.
- Provide relevant information to certain service providers in connection with our legitimate business purposes.
- Generate aggregate statistical studies and use the results for marketing and responsible gaming initiatives.
- Fulfill the specific purpose for which the data or information was volunteered.
- Protect and enforce our rights.
- Enforce this Policy.
- Fulfill certain obligations under law or regulation.
- Execute other legitimate business purposes.
We may ask for your consent to use your information in certain ways outside of our ordinary practices. If we do that, you will be given the opportunity to “opt-in”, i.e., to choose whether or not we use your information in this manner.
If you voluntarily provide information to us, you will be deemed to have consented to the collection and use of this information for the above-described purposes, subject to state and federal laws.
IV. How do we protect your information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures for all information systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused, or altered. For site security purposes and to ensure that our Internet services remain available to all users, the Hoosier Lottery uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and in accordance with any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
If information is protected by state or federal law, including the Indiana Access to Public Records Act, we will comply with that law and the rulings of a judicial or quasi-judicial body in interpreting that law.
V. What choices can you make about your information?
You may discontinue using the App or uninstall the App to eliminate our ability to gather additional data and information from your use of the App. Upon uninstallation, please understand that record retention laws may require us to maintain information about your account.
VI. Additional policy considerations
Must be 18 or older to play. Please Play Responsibly.